30 March 2011

Thank you, 1000 Views and 50 Followers -- White Chocolate Cheesecake !

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it ♫ 

Very big THANK YOU to all of you! Yesterday Raspberry Cheesecake Dreams reached 1000 views and 50 followers. I'm very very very excited about it. It may not seem much to those of you who already have hundreds of followers or so, but this is a good start, don't you think?  



This calls for a cake! I love cheesecakes, especially raspberry ones, but also white chocolate and mango cheesecakes. This time I'll introduce you to the white chocolate one! Found it some time ago from Jamie Oliver's site.



   WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE  
Note!  The berries on top are just a decoration! You can replace them with a milkchocolate sauce or what ever you desire the most.


What you need;
 ▫  453g cream cheese, softened
 ▫  75g sugar
 ▫  3 large eggs
 ▫  2 tablespoons lemon juice squeezed
 ▫  1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
 ▫  1/4 teaspoon salt
 ▫  3 cups sour cream
 ▫  230g white chocolate, softened in the microwave
 ▫  140g seedless red raspberry jam (or any other jam, chocolate sauce, runny caramel sauce etc. Be creative!), microwave it just until fluid
 ▫  207g chocolate digestive biscuits
 ▫  45g butter- more if desired
 ▫  1 tbsp melted butter
 ▫  (optional: shaved milk chocolate for decoration) 


How-to;
 1) Preheat oven to 350 °F (that's 175 °C). Make the chocolate digestive crust: crush the digestive biscuits, and mix it with butter ( bothroom temperature and melted butter) and line the bottom and partial sides of a 10-inch spring form pan with it. Set aside.

 2) Cream the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth and light, about 3 minutes at medium speed. Add eggs one at a time until just blended in. Add lemon juice, vanilla, salt and whip until just blended. Add sour cream and blend until just mixed well. Add white chocolate that has melted until just smooth when stirred with a fork, and blend in.

 3) Pour the batter into the crust-lined pan. If you have a squirt bottle or a pastry bag with a small circular tip, fill it with the warmed (but not hot) jelly. Starting in the center of the cheesecake, squirt a thin line of the jelly in a tight circular pinwheel pattern until you reach the edge of the pan. You should have about a half-inch between the lines in the circle.

 4) Take a thin bladed knife and starting in the center of the cheesecake, draw four lines from the center to the edge of the pan, basically quartering your cheesecake (making sure not to cut to deeply into the batter). You'll have to wipe the knife clean between each stroke. Now, take the knife and draw it from the edge of the pan to the center, between the lines you made previously. See how it pulls the jelly into a beautiful pattern!

 5) Place the pan into water bath about 1 inch deep and cook in your preheated oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes shut off the oven. DO NOT open the oven door! Leave the cake in the shut down oven for exactly 1 hour. Remove and chill thoroughly overnight.

 6) Decorate with strawberries near the centre of the cheesecake.
Lightly butter the sides of the cheesecake and cover with the shaved milk chocolate.


And that's it!

What kind of recipes would you like to hear next? You are very welcome to share your suggestions in the comment box below!


    ~ Enjoy ~    

23 comments:

  1. for the love of god, I must eat this before I die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my my this looks so good and delicious, real piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I visit your blog I get hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I love your blog! Check my blog out too! japroulette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. there's a party in ... :)

    I'd like a low calorie / low fat recipe for something like cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats proud to be one of your top 50!

    My god and cheesecake i love me some cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! i love your blog, the food looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks insanely delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats. Not a big fan of white chocolate, however I'll definitely check back on the mango.

    ReplyDelete
  10. woah I might have to try this one out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the recipe and gratulations

    ReplyDelete
  12. your blog always makes me so hungry! But I do enjoy it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohmigod that looks sooo good, i want some!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need some yummy ideas for my wife to bake for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. another really tasty looking recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! And this looks delicious, I'll have to make this with my girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wish, that someone would make that for me before I die!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your blog style! Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts!